CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 11, 2009

Twice in Two Weeks!

I am pretty proud of myself right about now. I've posted twice in so many weeks. Well, I sang "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts at my Nana's retirement party on Wednesday. I cried. I'm such a softy now!! On Friday we went to the LONGEST award ceremony for Brock (for the band, really) and Texas Roadhouse for his 18th birthday! I can't believe how old my parents are! JK! Saturday was an AWESOME ladies' retreat at our church. We joined with the Riverbank (White's), Watsonville (White's) and the White's sister's church from Paradise (I can't remember her name). All three of these ladies spoke a bit, with Sis. White from Riverbank being our main speaker. There were also several special songs, including a demonstration with the song "Alabaster Box" that was SO powerful! This sister has the most gorgeous hair! It was so long and had literally NO split ends! I was envious, I must say! But, my hair is growing so who knows!! =] After great church and a delicious meal (Sis. Yandris is an awesome party planner!) Hannah and I went to the mall. Now, I normally don't go to the mall, but I have made two awesome discoveries! New York and Co. sells LONG skirts! I am 5'8" or 5'9" and these (stretchy!) cotton skirts pass my ankle! They have tons of cute skirts (shorter jean and khaki, as well), modest shirts, and a big "active"section that had quarter-length sleeved shirts that I am using for the gym. Best of all, they have huge sales all the time; 60%+ off, and an AMAZING deal where you "spend to save" i.e. take $40 off a $90 purchase. Add that the "spend to save" is happening during my birthday week, meaning an additional 10% off all purchases for 7 days, I will be doing some major shopping in June!! So, I better clean out my closet before then to make room. I have been finding some cute and modest things lately. I know that God is helping me, as silly as it may seem. I have this idea in my head to dress very modestly, and He is making a way for it! =] Sunday was a great service. A sister from my church prayed for me during altar, along with my mom, and God ministered to me. I was needing some answers, and I felt Him guiding my mind. We had fellowship after in the back room, like we often do. The combined effort of Sis. Yandris' tacos and my Papa's tomato salsa...WOO! I was stuffed and fell to sleep full and with a peace that comes only from prayer.

Today I was in one of THE most awe-inspiring prayer meetings ever! Everyone was there, except for two men who had to work. We were all united in our prayers, and the Holy Ghost came down!! Different people took turns leading the prayer, but really, everyone was just crying, speaking in tongues, and praying along. I was just praying, focusing, asking God for an even greater revival, when my pastor's wife asked me to lead the prayer. For a second I was nervous, not really knowing what to say. Then I just started to thank God for the opportunity to express my praise, and the words came out! All the glory goes to God, but when I was praying I felt such an anointing! (We may have a preacher on our hands! JK!!!!) I came home to do my math homework (YUCK!) and got a 90% on my test. MIRACULOUS!! If you know me at all, you know I am the WORST mathematician! I didn't study, and I thought I was going to fail! But GOD helped me here again! I am on CLOUD 9 in love with Jesus more than ever before. He is truely working things out for my good. What the enemy meant for evil, God meant for my good. I know He will continue to strengthen me if I keep doing like I am.

This was a long post, but I just wanted to share this great news with everyone! I pray that God is moving and will continue to move in an even greater way in the lives of each person that may read this! =]

1 comments:

Kim Gail said...
This comment has been removed by the author.